Monday, April 6, 2009

Crazy, long, but fun!!!

Ish's parents called us on Friday night and said that they had changed their mind and wanted to go to Mexico and that they wanted to know if we would drive them to the border the next day. I thought that it would be fun to go for a drive so we said yes. I had to work Saturday so found someone to come in early for me. Asked Kathy to take care of our kids and someone to take care of my dog. And off we went at 4:00pm. We went through Page, Phoenix, Tucson to the border at Nogales. About a hour before Nogales we came upon an accident and had to wait. When we got up to where we could see what happened we were in awe to see a bull flipped up over a little hatch back suspended from his hoof. (I was in so much shoc that I forgot to use my camera) I hope the driver who was life flighted was OK. We were a lot more cautious after that. We got to Nogales at 4:00 in the morning and had to wait a few hours for their ride. There were so many cute little shops, shoes, purses, and dresses. I thought it would be fun to stay and go through them but we needed to get back on the road. In total with driving to Delta we were driving for 34 hours straight. My only regret is that we would have had more time to stop and see some of the sites it was a very interesting and beautiful drive. Thank you Kathy for watching the kids they had so much fun!!!!


These pictures are from on the way back close to Page and the bridge at Glen Canyon Dam.















1 comments:

mandy85 said...

You guys are crazy just kidding. That is a long way in such a short time.