(Super long post with no pics please don't feel obligated to read it) I will post pictures later I am to lazy to upload them now
We had a really nice Christmas this year and it seemed that the celebrating started early and ended late. We started by having a Christmas/birthday party with my mom the weekend before Christmas where she gave us our presents and we exchanged the sibling/cousin gifts. And then Christmas Eve we went to the ward Christmas Party and seen Santa. Tristan was so excited to see Santa he had a hard time waiting for his turn. In fact Tristan has been so fun this entire month about Christmas. He has watched every Christmas movie he could and was just so excited about Santa. He even wanted to sing Christmas songs at every get together especially "We Wish You a Merry Christmas". He had to watch "Mickey's Once and Twice upon a Christmas" several times (thanks Kathy for letting us borrow them)from watching them he decided that we needed a star on the tree, and several other traditions that he wanted to start. It is so amazing how watching Christmas though your kids eyes brings on a whole new meaning to Christmas.
On Christmas eve we were supposed to go over to the Aleman's and have there Christmas party but Tristan didn't have a nap all day so he fell asleep at 8:00 and there is no waking him up. So we went over in the morning and ate and opened their presents to us and Ish's sister Melissa had sent presents from New York for our kids. Later on Christmas we went to my Dad and Lori's house where once again more presents, and delicious food. Then even more presents for our kids the Saturday after Ish's sister Esme brought her presents for the kids. So it seems like Christmas has been going on for weeks now. I know that yes we are so spoiled with so many people that love us and our kids.
Now onto our own family Christmas, Tristan and I made Santa his favorite cookies on Christmas Eve, Snikerdoodles and then left them out and Tristan said that they needed to be left on the stove with milk. I told him that I would put the milk out later seems how Santa likes his milk really cold and Tristan was falling asleep so early and that was okay with him. Tristan had decided he wanted to ask Santa for a backhoe that digs like this (and he would do some motion with his hands) after looking online for one and showing Tristan many pictures I figured out he wanted an excavator backhoe. Not very easy to find. But Santa can do anything right? So he had to order it online and it was not as big as he thought it was going to be so the Saturday before Christmas he had to start looking again for the hard to find toy. But ended up getting some of the other stuff on Tristan's list to make up for the "small" backhoe. Morgan decided he wanted his two front teeth for Christmas so he did not sleep at all on Christmas Eve or the few nights that followed but they are through finally yeah!!! Abby (we had her the second half of Christmas this year) asked for fairy stuff. Christmas morning at seven Tristan woke up and was so exited to come see what Santa had brought and was very please with everything that he got. Morgan was more excited than I thought that he would be too. Abby between both houses I think that see got everything she wanted as well. Ish once again spoiled me and I hope he was happy with what I got him. We want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!
Universal Studios Hollywood
2 years ago

2 comments:
Tristan sounds like he was a lot of fun this year! I'm excited for next year with Carter.
That is fun that tristan is so into christmas my kids aren't yet I hope next year they will be more excited. Merry Christmas to you guys too.
Post a Comment