Monday, September 29, 2008

Trip to See Grandma!!!



This weekend the kids and I hitched hiked with Kathy and her kids to go see Grandma Realaine. We thought that it would be fun to surprise Grandma that more than just Kathy and her kids were going. It was very funny when Kathy went up to the door and was holding Morgan while I was still getting Tristan out of the car, Grandma looked at Kathy and then looked over and seen me and Tristan and was very excited. It was a fun weekend but the poor kids were jam packed into the van. When you have 5 kids 6 years and younger all in one vehicle it is a tight fit. But they were good sports about it and very excited to spend time together. Grandma fixed us dinner and then we went to the park. It was fun having the kids be able to run and play after the long drive. The next day Grandma watched all the kids while Kathy and I went and did some shopping and then we met at the Washington Comm Ctr and took the kids swimming. We didn't get any pics of swimming but we had our hands full. Then we met George for lunch and went to Cedar to the Discovery Park. Then was the long ride home where Morgan who was good all day until he decided he did not want to be in the carseat at all. Sorry other kids and Kathy for having to hear him scream. We even stopped so that I could feed him and he didn't want to eat he wanted to play. All in all it was a fun weekend filled to the brim. Thanks Mom for letting us stay and Kathy for letting us go with us These are at the Discovery Park and are from my phone. (Ish had my camera) Tristan and Trenton were best buddies the whole weekend.

5 comments:

Mylissa 2 said...

Fun, I love going to my mom's house. Now that Nicole lives close she hitches a ride with me too.

Brinkerhoffs said...

That's a fun surprise for your mom. I like your new blog background!

amanda said...

Your background is really cute. It is very strange to hear Realaine called Grandma but I guess she's been a grandma for a while now.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know your mom lived up here. Shows how much I have kept up with the times. Well I am glad to here you guys had a good time.

Anonymous said...

Thats so funny. we have a discovery park her in Cedar Ridge. I guess I should read a little closer. Ok so we really need to get this reunion thing going. When would be a good time to get together? Let me know and I will come down.