Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

We had the best weekend. It was simple but fun. I had to get kinda sad when we went shopping for Tristan and Morgan some new clothes and realized how big my boys are getting. Ish picked up a shoe in the size that I told him and said this will never fit it is way too big. But when we put it on Tristan it was perfect. And then shopping for clothes for him in the boy section instead of the infant toddler section really just about brought me to tears. And then there was Morgan who is just growing so fast. I had been so excited because I was planning on using all Tristan's clothes for Morgan but they are all of a season so we had to buy him new clothes for fall as well. And it is a good thing we did with how cold it got this weekend. It was a fun day and the boys were really good even when Morgan decided to spill my water all over himself when the waiter set it too close to him. The look on his face was priceless when all the cold water splashed down on him. At least I asked for no ice in it.

On Monday we went to the horse races in Parowan and the Iron County Fair. Tristan rode down with Grandpa Gene and Lori and Grandma Realaine and Brad were there. George rode in like 4 or 5 races and won three(I think I counted right) We were concerned with the weather before we left and almost didn't go but once we got past Beaver it was blue sky and perfect temperature. Tristan had a lot of fun on the rides (Thanks Dad and Lori for taking him) and the food was so good. (Fried bread with strawberries and whipped cream yummy) Morgan was so good all day I don't think he even cried once. He is starting to really like to be "OUT" and watching people.
My only regret is that I forgot my camera to take any pictures.

4 comments:

mikeandkathyniles said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend. Where did you go shopping? Maybe next horse races I will have to go.

Mylissa 2 said...

Sounds fun. I know what you mean about the kids moving up sizes. Both my boys are in the BIG boys clothes and it gets expensive! Not to mention shoes!!!! That is so neat that George is racing.

Brinkerhoffs said...

I'll be sad too when Carter gets too big for the infant-toddler section! I can't believe that Tristan is almost 3!!!

mandy85 said...

That sounds like it was a fun weekend. Wish we could have been doing something like that instead of tiling. Your boys are getting so big thats like Gavin I really can't beleive that he is 2 thats crazy.